- The (Mis)measurement of Income: What Has Been Happening with Income Inequality? How is the Tax Code Helping or Hurting? What Do You Need to Know for Today’s Political and Policy Debates? A Roundtable Sponsored by the
American Tax Policy Institute
January 7, 2016
2100 M Street NW, 5th floor, Washington DC
This roundtable brings together three scholars to discuss the magnitude of income and wealth inequality in the United States, how it has been changing over time, and what if anything the tax code should do about it. Presenters ...
- International Conference on Taxpayer Rights American Tax Policy Institute in association with the National Taxpayer Advocate, Internal Revenue Service.
Conference held November 18–19, 2015
- 20th Century Tax Code in a 21st Century World: Where Are the Pressure Points American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with the National Tax Association
Conference held May 14-15, 2015. Papers published in December 2015 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- Delivering Benefits to Low-income Taxpayers through the Tax System Organized by Les Book, Villanova University and Deena Ackerman, U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Conference held April 17, 2015.
- Taxation and Migration: The Young, the Middle-aged, and the Old Organized by Reuven Avi-Yonah and Joel Slemrod, University of Michigan.
Conference held October 17, 2014. Papers forthcoming in book.
- Let’s Get Fiscal: Working Out Our Weightiest Tax, Health, and Energy Policy Challenges American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with the National Tax Association
Conference held May 15-16, 2014. Papers published in the December 2014 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- Major Challenges that the American Tax Payer Relief Act of 2012 Leaves Open for Individuals, Businesses, and the Government. Conference held May 16-17, 2013.
Papers published in the December 2013 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- Reforming the U.S. System for Taxing International Income American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with Rice University's Baker Institute
Organized by Rosanne Altshuler, Rutgers University
Conference held April 26, 2013
Papers published in the September 2013 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- The Economic Effects of Corporate Rate Reductions Conference held March 29, 2013
American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center
- What Do We Know? Moving Forward with Tax Reform American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with the National Tax Association
Conference held May 17-18, 2012. Papers published in the December 2012 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- Tax Law and Administrative Law: The Implications of Mayo Foundation v. United States ATPI Round Table Program
Date: Thursday, March 1
Location: Offices of Skadden, Arps
1440 New York Ave. NW
A Summary of the American Tax Policy Institute Roundtable
Tax Law and Administrative Law: The Implications of Mayo Foundation v. United StatesMaria Puerto
Understanding Mayo: What the Law Has Been, What It Is Now, and What It Should Be
- International Taxation and Competitiveness A Conference Sponsored by the American Tax Policy Institute
Washington, DC, October 17, 2011
Organized by Reuven Avi-Yonah and Jane Gravelle
The Meaning of Competitiveness and Competitive Disadvantage, Jane Gravelle (CRS)
Comparing Subpart F with the CFC rules of other countries, Brian Arnold (moderator)
Subpanel A: Europe and North America
Brian Arnold (moderator)
The French CFC ...
- Tax Reform in a World of Deficits and Uncertainty American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with the National Tax Association
Conference held May 19-20, 2011. Papers published in the December 2011 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- Symposium on Tax Policy in a Time of Gridlock American Tax Policy Institute in Cooperation with the National Tax Association
Conference held May 13 – 14, 2010. Papers published in the December 2010 issue of the National Tax Journal.
- American Tax Policy Institute Roundtable on Federal State Tax Relations in the 21st Century: Conformity, Coordination and Conflict The Board of Trustees of the American Tax Policy Institute (ATPI) hosted a one-day roundtable on Federal State Tax Relations in the 21st Century: Conformity Coordination and Conflic tin Washington, DC on Friday, April 23, 2010. An informal and discussion-oriented gathering, the roundtable was being organized by Walter Hellertstein, Francis Shackelford Professor of Taxation at ...
- U.S. Energy Taxes Organized by Gilbert E. Metcalf, Tufts University.
These conference papers appear in: U.S. Energy Tax Policy (Click the title to order a copy) Gilbert E. Metcalf (ed), Cambridge University Press 2010
DallasBurtraw, Margaret WallsandJoshua Blonz, Resources for the Future: “Distributional Impacts of Carbon Pricing Policies in the Electricity Sector” Comments provided by Terry Dinan, Congressional Budget Office, ...
- Tax Reform and the Low Income Taxpayer Organized by Joseph Bankman of Stanford Law School and Leslie Book of Villanova
Held in Washington on September 17, 2009
- Getting More from Tax Incentives Conference Held May 19, 2009
ATPI, in cooperation with the Tax Policy Center of the Urban Institute and Brookings Institution as well as New York University School of Law, sponsored a one-day conference on Getting More from Tax Incentives on May 19, 2009. The day-long event brought together some of the nation’s foremost experts on tax ...
- Structuring a Federal VAT: Design & Coordination Issues These papers were published in the 2010 Summer and Fall issues of the Tax Law Review
Organized by Charles McLure of the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, and Reuven Avi-Yonah, University of Michigan Law School.
Itai Grinberg: “Where Credit is Due: Advantages of the Credit Invoice Method for a Partial Replacement VAT”. Comments (pdf) provided by ...
- Taxes and Health Insurance: Analysis and Policy Copies of the papers can be found in “Using Taxes to Reform Health Insurance: Pitfalls and Promises,” Henry J. Aaron and Leonard E. Burman, editors, published by Brookings Institution Press, 2008.
You may buy the book here or you may access papers below:
Robert Helms, American Enterprise Institute: “Tax Policy and the History of the Health Insurance ...
- Technology, Privacy, and the Future of Taxation Copies of most of the papers can be found in a special issue of the National Tax Journal, December, 2008: Technology, Privacy, and the Future of Taxation or you may access them below.
Andrew Buckler, Internal Revenue Service: "Internal Revenue Service, Information Technology: Modernization Vision and Strategy" (summation pdf) and PowerPoint presentation
Joseph Bankman, Stanford ...
- National Conference on the Tax Gap Organized by the ABA Section of Taxation, held in Washington, June 21-22, 2007.
Papers published in Tax Notes on October 22, 2007 and October 29, 2007.
- Conference on the Intersection of Financial Accounting and Tax Policy Organized by Douglas Shackelford, held in Washington on December 6, 2006 and in Cambridge, Massachusetts on December 7, 2006. Some papers were published in the Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Public Economics, and National Tax Journal. The papers are the following:
Michelle Hanlon, Edward Maydew: Book Tax Conformity: Implications for Multinational ...
- Twenty Years After Tax Reform: Time for Another Round? Reviewed the development and implications of the 1986 Act.
For a transcript of the proceedings, click here.
For copies of the papers, click here.
Papers also published in Tax Notes, October 23, 2006.
- Taxing Capital Income: Do We? Should We? Can We? Organized by the Tax Policy Center and held in Washington DC on September 23, 2005.
Papers published in Taxing Capital Income, the Urban Institute Press, 2007.